The cold weather is on the way and chicken soup or stew helps you stay warm through the winter. How about your dog? Make some Chicken Soup Dog Treats using ingredients for making chicken stew, like chicken broth, carrots, string beans and mashed potato.
Ingredients (makes 12 large bones):
2 cups oats (rolled or steel cut)
1/3 cup mashed potato (plain)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
1/3 cup string beans
1/4 cup flour dusting
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/3 shredded carrots
1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley (optional)
1/2 cup of chicken broth (I used CARU Chicken Bone Broth)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a blender or food processor, grind the oats into a “rough oats flour” mixture.
3. Add all the ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined, forming a dough mixture.
4. Place the dough on a well-floured surface.
5. Roll the dough to a 3/8 inch thickness and cut out the treats using a bone cookie cutter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 – 45 minutes until thoroughly dry.
About the author: Rosalyn Acero is a blogger and social influencer at Golden Woofs which highlights adventures, tips, dog treat recipes and worthy causes with her Golden Retriever KORU BEAR.