There’s no better way to celebrate May being National Strawberry Month than by sharing a sweet treat with your pup!!! Strawberries are not only safe for your dog to eat, but they’re also full of antioxidants, contain high fiber and vitamin C, and can even help whiten your dog’s teeth! As if we needed one more reason to love this refreshing fruit! And for those pups who don’t like strawberries, you’re sure to find a squeaking fun alternative with the ZippyPaws Strawberry Waffles Food Burrow!
Follow these steps to make your very
own dog-friendly strawberry waffles!
1/2 cup oat flour
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the oat flour, honey, coconut oil, and egg in a large bowl and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a silicone waffle mold.
4. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden. While the waffles are baking, prepare the waffle dip!
5. Remove the waffles from heat and allow to cool thoroughly.
Waffle Dip Instructions
1. Combine Greek yogurt with the pureed strawberries.
2. Mix to form a consistent texture.
3. Once the waffles have cooked and cooled, prepare them on your pup’s favorite dish with the waffle dip on the side or on top.
About the author: Rosalyn Acero is a blogger and social influencer at Golden Woofs which highlights adventures, tips, dog treat recipes and worthy causes with her Golden Retriever KORU BEAR.